Here’s a simple soup recipe using only fresh ingredients. Soup that’s made fresh is so much more nutritious and delicious than soup from a can. Seek out organic produce for the highest nutrition and the purest flavor.
Here’s what you need:
- 5 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- Roast the bell peppers on a grill pan. Let them get really blackened. Place in a closed paper bag for 15 minutes. Peel off the skin, remove the seeds and stem.
- Transfer the roasted peppers and the remaining ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth then heat on the stove. It’s really delicious chilled, too. Garnish with a Tablespoon of coconut milk and chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 227 calories, 18g fat, 512mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 6g protein