(Registration closing soon!)
Train for the Daffodil Run 10 Week Program! (Starts on February 22nd)
Let’s train together! Runners of all speeds and experience levels are welcome to participate, including beginners or those who have not run in a while. All you need is a pair of running shoes and a willingness to run outside in variable weather, which is much more fun with a group! Participants in this 10-week program will meet weekly to run outside; our location may vary depending on weather, but half the runs will be in the Hadley/Amherst area, and half will explore other beautiful places to run in the Valley. Through this program runners will
- Try a variety of training runs, from steady distance runs to hill workouts and interval training; we will also complete a practice run together of the Daffodil course
- Learn more about dynamic stretching, foam rolling, and rope stretching
- Complete strength training especially important for injury prevention
- Improve running efficiency through form drills and plyometrics
- Receive a training calendar that will take runners from zero miles to 3.1 miles over 10 weeks
- Share training and racing tips
- Help motivate and support each other to achieve training goals
- FREE Registration in the Daffodil Run 5k!
- Have lots of fun!
This program runs for 10 weeks from February 22-April 26. Meets Saturdays, 8-9am.
Distance Running Program (Already in session)
Calling all distance runners–all ages, speeds, and experience levels are welcome! Stay motivated this winter through weekly team training sessions, and compete together this spring as part of the 50/50 Distance Running Team. The team will meet from Feb 15 through the end of April. This program includes seven team workouts to prepare us for four local races:
- Holyoke St Patrick’s Day 10k on Saturday, March 21
- Black Birch 10-miler on Sunday, March 29
- Fort Hill Half Marathon or 5k on Sunday, April 19
- Daffodil 5k/10k on Sunday, April 26
You do not have to participate in all the races, but you are encouraged to come and cheer if you do not run.
Team members will
- Meet in different locations around the Valley and complete different types of workouts together, such as track workouts, distance runs, tempo runs, hill workouts, and strength training
- Improve running efficiency through form drills, plyometrics, and stretching
- Prevent injury with strength training specifically for runners
- Receive a training calendar that will take runners from a 5-mile long run to a 13-mile long run
- Share training and racing tips, as well as motivation and support to achieve training goals
- Have team meeting spots on race day and matching team T-shirts
- Receive reduced entry for both the Black Birch 10-miler and Fort Hill Half Marathon
- Have a ton of fun!
Runners of all speeds are welcome. This program is designed for runners who are currently comfortable with a long run of 4-5 miles and a weekly mileage of 10 or more miles per week. You do not have to be fast, and you do not need any racing experience–you just need to have a current running base to build from. This program meets Saturdays, 9:15-10:30am.