Here’s a simple dinner recipe that is filled with muscle-building protein and fantastic flavor. Serve with a side of cauliflower rice, or a nice big green salad, to increase the fiber content. Leftovers taste even better the next day, so feel free to pack it for a healthy lunch!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 omega-3 rich eggs
- 2.5 pounds organic, ground turkey
- 1 cup ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a small casserole pan with olive oil.
- Place a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, onions and peppers. Sauté until soft, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the spices, tomato paste, eggs and turkey. Mix well then transfer to the prepared pan, shaping into a loaf.
- Pour the ketchup evenly over the top of your loaf. Bake for 90 minutes, and until no longer pink in the center.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 146 calories, 2g fat, 322mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, .5g fiber, and 25g protein